Tuesday 26 November 2013

Exam week and Birthday

It was my birthday last Wednesday, I turned 18, an age renowned for its immense celebration but did I celebrate? Not really, no. In fact, the weekend that has just passed I did not celebrate like a normal 18 year old would. Why not you may ask. Well, because I'm an IB student and we spend all our free time like we do at school - studying. Except for a measly birthday dinner with my family that lasted around two hours because I needed to get an early night, I did not celebrate at all. Both Saturday and Sunday were spent revising for the exams I have this week.
Bad timing? Yes, I agree.
Here's a little picture of how only the next two days look:

And that's missed out the history exam I had today and the biology exam I'mm having tomorrow. Oh well, I guess I don't need a social life or even to have time to go to the gym. Something I'd usually dread, I long for. I just hope I do ok on these exams so that all my lost time was worth it.

Right now I'm writing my TOK essay first draft and then I will move onto some History revision and then I will finish my evening with Biology, I can't wait. It's only a few months left now until the exams though. In a way it's nice; it means IB is over and I am free of it forever. All that awaits me now is university and then a life of working to try and make ends meet with some kids on the way and a husband and whatnot. In a way it's pretty bleak to think that way and I know if I study hard I'll have more opportunities to do what I want in the future, not just anything to make ends meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment